Down Under Visa Logo

We write most of the time on our Down Under Visa site and our Filipina Wives site about our Aussie men clients who fall in love with the local ladies here in the Philippines and can’t live without them. I know the feeling well, as I know I found and married the very best lady in the Philippines many years ago. However there are still plenty left, hence we have a busy migration practice! And sometimes we have Australian lady clients who fall in love with a nice young man here too.

However, Australian Migration Law does allow for partner visas to be granted based on DE FACTO relationships as well. De Facto means “existing in fact”. In the Philippines, they call this a “live-in” relationship. So you don’t have to be actually MARRIED or intending to marry to get an Australian Partner Visa. If we can establish and show that a genuine de facto relationship exists, you may be granted a visa.

And this also applies to same-sex couples. It’s the same visa, and the same Regulations we need to satisfy. So yes, gay couples and lesbian couples are welcome to apply too.

However, please understand this: These visas are for those who are already in a stable de facto relationship. They are NOT for you to bring your girlfriend or boyfriend to Australia so you can live together. They are not a “try before you buy” option! And they are NOT for those who are in a boyfriend/girlfriend type of relationship. If you don’t have the  evidence to prove you HAVE been living in a de facto relationship, don’t waste your time. We’re happy to discuss this with you, however understand that we will tell you directly and possibly bluntly if your case is weak.

I discussed this in more detail in an earlier BLOG post, so please have a read HERE if this is something that may suit you.

Been together in a de facto relationship for less than the required 12 month period? It MAY be possible to shorten that to 6 months if you are in a Registered Relationship. Registered Relationships exist in MOST Australian states now, and some states allow for one partner to be living overseas. All participating states expect you both to be free-to-marry though, ie. neither of you may be still legally married or in another registered relationship.

Please visit our sites at Down Under Visa Australia or Down Under Visa Philippines.

And if you read this from Facebook, please feel free to LIKE the post or preferably LIKE the page! And SHARE it with those who may be interested.

Australian Visa Applications! (a) We tolerate no mistakes! (b) AND the issue of FRAUD!
Do you need a Migration Agent? Two successful Down Under Visa clients say YES!

Questions: Please search our BLOG menu or Visa Knowledge Base

Submit a Comment

NOTE: Please restrict your comments to what's written on this page.

PLEASE NOTE: You may comment on posts, and you may ask general questions about the visa topic. However requests for “how-to?” information on how to lodge visas or how to deal with specific problems will not be answered. Please engage the services of a professional Registered Migration Agent for actual assistance or advice. Thank you.

Your email address will not be published.

Questions about visa types we don’t handle, or about countries we don’t apply for visas from, will not be answered, Philippines to Australia visas for couples and families only.

Do you have suggestions for topics you would like to read an article about? Click HERE and we will see what we can do!



How does it work?

How It Works Image

Search Our Site

Happy Couples

Happy Couples Image


Google Reviews

See All Reviews

Facebook Reviews

Subscribe to our BLOG


Want the latest in Australian Visa information?

SUBSCRIBE to the Down Under Visa BLOG Page

Never miss a single important update!

BONUS EBOOK! “Philippines to Australia – Australian Visas, Frayed Emotions and a Journey You Will Never Forget” by Jeff Harvie RMA

Just want to buy the book? Purchase directly from Amazon by clicking HERE

We never share or sell your data

Migration Law

Registered Migration Agent Details Image

Should you use a Registered Migration Agent or not?



Migration Alliance Image

Latest Posts

Useful Links

Filipina Wives Image Down Under Visa - Visa Q & A Image Online Filipino Weddings Image
Online Weddings for Australian Filipina couples