I’ve accepted the child as my own. Can I apply for Citizenship by Descent?

You are here:

No, definitely not. The child must have at least one parent who is an Australian Citizen. Adding your name as the father, ie. “giving the child your name” sounds very gallant, and no doubt the intentions are wonderful. However it happens to be a crime.

I was thinking of just adding the child onto a Partner Visa application. What’s best?
What age can the child be for a Child Visa?

Questions: Please search our BLOG menu or Visa Knowledge Base

Submit a Comment

NOTE: Please restrict your comments to what's written on this page.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Questions about visa types we don’t handle, or about countries we don’t apply for visas from, will not be answered, Philippines to Australia visas for couples and families only.

Do you have suggestions for topics you would like to read an article about? Click HERE and we will see what we can do!