Down Under Visa Logo

She wasn’t married to the father of the child. Can we get him a Child Visa?

You are here:

Under Philippines Law, children born out of wedlock are the sole responsibility of the mother. An unmarried biological father has no say in what happens to his children.

What’s better? A Child Visa, or adding the child to a Partner Visa?
Her son has a biological father she was married to. Can we get him a Child Visa?


  1. Greg

    I have sponsored twice before so i cant sponsor again bit my new wife is from Philippines can i just keep bringing her here on tourist there a limit.will immigration say thats enough

    • Jeff Harvie

      If they feel you are using tourist visas in place of a partner visa, yes they will say ENOUGH. Do you have any compelling and compassionate circumstances which could make up a waiver application?


Questions: Please search our BLOG menu or Visa Knowledge Base

Submit a Comment

NOTE: Please restrict your comments to what's written on this page.

PLEASE NOTE: You may comment on posts, and you may ask general questions about the visa topic. However requests for “how-to?” information on how to lodge visas or how to deal with specific problems will not be answered. Please engage the services of a professional Registered Migration Agent for actual assistance or advice. Thank you.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Questions about visa types we don’t handle, or about countries we don’t apply for visas from, will not be answered, Philippines to Australia visas for couples and families only.

Do you have suggestions for topics you would like to read an article about? Click HERE and we will see what we can do!